Hardware Support Guidelines
Hardware support is provided by ITS for all Baylor computing devices. ITS staff must have certification from the vendor in order to fix hardware issues and replace parts covered under the vendor warranty. Items purchased outside the Technology Purchasing Guidelines will not receive hardware support. Support services and levels comply with the ITS Support Policy.
- Full Support is given to all Baylor Standard Systems.
- Limited Support is given to all Baylor Non-Standard Systems and includes all services listed under full support, but at a lower priority.
- No Support services are provided for other products that ITS staff is not certified to maintain.
The Baylor ITS Hardware Shop is certified and will cover the cost of repair for all computer devices that fall under full and limited support with the following exceptions:
- Any cost associated with accidental breakage is covered up to $500. Any amount over $500 will be the responsibility of the department. An uninsured loss claim will be the responsibility of the department.
- Any cost associated with loss, abuse, or replacement of expendables or consumables, such as batteries or printer toner cartridges, will be the responsibility of the clients’ department.
- Cost associated with parts for devices older than five years will be the responsibility of the department.
A service agreement must be purchased as part of the approved technology procurement process for any devices that ITS staff is not certified to repair. In the event that maintenance is required, it is the responsibility of the department to contact the vendor directly and arrange for the maintenance needed.